companies you know and love.
Databases are hard. We would rather PlanetScale manage them. Our team wants to focus on helping our customers meet their health and fitness goals, not the database servers.”
Connect and scale
PlanetScale is compatible with all major frameworks and languages. No matter your stack, you can scale with us.
PlanetScale Boost Beta
Up to 1,000× faster queries
with our groundbreaking caching technology
- In just a few clicks, PlanetScale Boost makes the queries you choose faster.
- Find a slow query pattern using Insights and activate PlanetScale Boost.
- No TTLs, no invalidation logic, and no caching infrastructure to maintain.
in real time
Fully integrated and real-time insights into your database performance. No third-party application monitoring platform required.
- Deliver consistent performance for your users by finding poor performing queries in seconds
- Better understand your billing usage through visibility into how many rows your queries scanned
- Tag your queries inside your application and drill down to find problems
Real-time performance feedback.
PlanetScale hits all three things that matter to me as an engineering leader: A system I can trust, cost structure that scales with me, and a huge boom to my team’s overall effectiveness.”
Branch your database like you branch your code
Say goodbye to staging environments. Data Branches™ give you an isolated copy of your database in the cloud.
Review your schema changes
Visualize schema changes as code.
Deploy your schema to production with no locking or downtime.
The world’s first data migration time machine
Roll back problematic schema changes instantly without data loss.
Database performance metrics at your fingertips
Visualize the impact of your deployments.
Migrating from Amazon RDS to PlanetScale was painless and since moving we’ve experienced significant improvements in reliability, scalability, and productivity.”
Scale to the edge
Quickly add regions from our ever-growing list.
Create read-only database regions to support globally distributed applications and better serve your users worldwide.
- Low operational overhead: Spin up as many regions as you need with the click of a button
- Lower database read latency by reducing the geographic distance between your users and reading data
wherever you need it
Make your PlanetScale data accessible across your organization by safely extracting and loading data from PlanetScale into other databases, such as BigQuery, Snowflake, or Redshift.
- Extract data to other sources
- Supports analytical workflows
Extract, load, and transform your data.
The enterprise-grade security and privacy practices your data deserves.
SOC 2 Type II reporting
PlanetScale continuously monitors and reports primarily using System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type 2.
Business Associate Agreements
PlanetScale can enter into Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) with customers deployed on Single-tenant environments.
Encryption in transit
and at rest
PlanetScale databases and their client communications are AES encrypted throughout the PlanetScale platform.
Migrate to PlanetScale in
three simple steps
Performing initial import from external database
|users||4,123 rows imported|
|pull_requests||254,998 rows imported|
|issues||844 rows imported|
954,123 / 954,123 rows
- Keep your existing database running while we do the import
- No need to dump data or restore from backup
- Migrate fully online with no downtime
You’ve done all the work already.
Let us take it from here.
Manage your database
without leaving the terminal.
Connect to your PlanetScale database with a fully functional shell for importing data, querying, and more.
- Control your workflow
- Create databases, branches, deploy requests, and more from the command line
- Hassle-free database connection with `pscale connect`
Our “database.” hats are pretty cool, too.