Please see our Privacy Snapshot for a high-level overview of our privacy practices.
Information that you provide to us:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company affiliation.
- Account information, such as the username and password you use to access our Services.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback or otherwise.
- Survey information that you provide when you participate in one of our surveys.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the Services or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers and our advertising partners may automatically log and combine information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, online resources and our communications, such as:
- Device data such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Services, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, duration of access and whether you have opened or otherwise engage with our communications, such as our marketing emails or clicked links or files within them.
We use the following tools for automatic data collection:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Information we obtain from other sources:
- Third-party accounts and services. When you log into the Services through a third-party platform, such as Google and Github, we may collect certain information from your account, depending on the privacy permissions you have configured within that account. We do not, however, have access to login information you use to connect your account to the Services. Further, we may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, you or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform.
- Other sources. We may obtain personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
We use personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
- Communicate with you about our Services. It is in our legitimate business interests to use personal information to respond to your requests, provide customer support, and communicate with you about our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Improve, monitor, personalize, and protect our Services. It is in our legitimate business interests to improve and keep our Services safe for our users, which includes:
- understanding your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications;
- troubleshooting, testing and research and to keep the Services secure; and
- investigating and protecting against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity.
Research and development. We may use personal information for research and development purposes in our legitimate business interests, including to analyze and improve the Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create or use aggregated, de-identified or other anonymized data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers, and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use personal information for the following marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt-out of marketing communications” section below.
- Interest-based advertising. We may engage third-party advertising companies, such as Google, to display our ads on their online services. We may also share information about our users with these companies to facilitate advertising for our Services to them or similar users on other online platforms.
Except where consent is required, we undertake such marketing and advertising on the basis of our legitimate business interests. Where we seek your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Compliance and protection. We may use personal information to comply with legal obligations, and to defend us against legal claims or disputes, including to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery and website analytics services).
- Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
- Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
- Testimonials. We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers and users on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your personal testimonial with your name and/or with your bio picture. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails and other communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the communications you receive from us or by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You may continue to receive Services-related and other non-marketing emails.
Personal information requests. We offer you choices that affect how we handle the personal information that we control. Depending on your location and the nature of your interactions with our Services, you may request the following in relation to your personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you. Where applicable, we will provide the information in a portable, machine-readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the Services or for other lawful purposes.
- Additional rights, such as to object to and request that we restrict our use of personal information.
To make a request, please email us or write to us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to empower an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Limits on your privacy rights and choices. In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to complain to a data protection regulator where you live or work, or where you feel a violation has occurred.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit allaboutdnt.com.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
You will provide personal information directly to our website in the United States. We may also transfer personal information to our partners and service providers in the United States and other jurisdictions. Please note that such jurisdictions may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws in your home country.
When we engage in cross-border data transfers, we will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place to afford adequate protection for personal information and we will comply with applicable data protection laws, in particular by relying on an EU Commission or UK government adequacy decision or on contractual protections for the transfer of personal information.
Where required under applicable laws, we retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Contact us. If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write to us at:
Copyright AgentCare of PlanetScale, Inc.535 Mission St.San Francisco, CA, 94015 United States
EEA and UK Representative Contact Information. For users in the EEA, we have appointed Verasafe Ireland Ltd., at Unit 3D North Point House, North Point Business Park, New Mallow Road, Cork T23AT2P, Ireland as our EU data representative, and Verasafe United Kingdom Ltd., at 37 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TL, United Kingdom as our UK data representative. You can contact our EU representative at the address above or alternatively via this contact form or telephone at +420 228 881 031. You can contact our UK representative at the address above or alternatively via this contact form or telephone at +44 (20) 4532 2003.
PlanetScale Inc. participates in the EU-US Data Privacy Framework, the UK Extension to the EU-US Data Privacy Framework, and the Swiss-US Data Privacy Framework for the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union and European Economic Area member countries, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. We have certified with the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Data Privacy Framework Principles. To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework Principles, visit here.
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal information under the Data Privacy Framework or about our privacy practices generally, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your inquiry promptly. If a privacy complaint or dispute relating to personal information received by PlanetScale in reliance on the Data Privacy Framework cannot be resolved through our internal processes, we have agreed to participate in the VeraSafe Data Privacy Framework Dispute Resolution Procedure. Subject to the terms of the VeraSafe Data Privacy Framework Dispute Resolution Procedure, VeraSafe will provide appropriate recourse free of charge to you. To file a complaint with VeraSafe and participate in the VeraSafe Data Privacy Framework Dispute Resolution Procedure, please submit the required information here: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/dispute-resolution/submit-dispute/. If neither PlanetScale nor our third-party dispute resolution provider resolves your complaint, you may pursue binding arbitration through the Data Privacy Framework Panel. To learn more about the Data Privacy Framework Panel, visit here.
As explained herein, we sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information received under the Data Privacy Framework to a third party, the third party's access, use, and disclosure of the personal information must also be in compliance with our Data Privacy Framework obligations, and we will remain liable under the Data Privacy Framework for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Please review our Data Privacy Framework registration. PlanetScale is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Data Privacy Framework in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
|Category||How We Collect||Primary Purposes of Processing||Can You Limit Sharing to Key Recipients / Disclosures?|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name||When you visit or use our Services; from third-party sites and services; when you apply for a job with us||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising; to process your job application|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under CA or federal law||When you apply for a job with us||To process your job application|
|Commercial information, including but not limited to records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered||When you visit or use our Services||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising|
|Personal information categories listed in the CA Customer Records Statute (e.g., name, contact details)||When you visit or use our Services; from third-party sites and services; when you apply for a job with us||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising; to process your job application|
|Biometric information||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website||When you visit or use our Services||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; for marketing and advertising|
|Geolocation data||When you visit or use our Services||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; for marketing and advertising|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Professional or employment-related information||When you visit or use our Services; when you apply for a job with us||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; to process your job application|
|Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in FERPA||Not collected||N/A||N/A|
|Inferences drawn from information identified to create a profile about a consumer||When you visit or use our Services||To provide our Services; to improve, monitor, and personalize our Services; for marketing and advertising|
|Sensitive personal information (as defined in CA Civil Code 1798.140 (ae))||When you apply for a job with us||To process your job application|