This Acceptable Use Policy (“Acceptable Use Policy”) applies to access and use of our website, including https://planetscale.com/ (“Website”) and any subdomains, and all services and/or products provided by PlanetScale ("Services"). By using the Services, you, the Customer (“You”) acknowledge that You and each user that has gained access to the Services through Your account (“User(s)”), have read, understood, and have agreed to this Acceptable Use Policy.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VIOLATIONS OF THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY BY YOU AND EACH USER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER PLANETSCALE NOR ITS VENDORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE TRANSMISSIONS THAT MAY PASS THROUGH THE SERVICES.
You and each User’s use of the Services is subject to PlanetScale’s terms of service, enterprise agreement or other agreement governing use of the Services (“Agreement”). This Acceptable Use Policy is a part of the Agreement and this Acceptable Use Policy is effective without limiting, waiving and notwithstanding any of the provisions of the Agreement. This Acceptable Use Policy will be read in connection with the Agreement and not in conflict with any such agreement. In the event of discrepancy between this Acceptable Use Policy, and the Agreement, this Acceptable Use Policy shall prevail but only to the extent of the express purposes hereunder set forth; otherwise, the Agreement shall prevail.
All references to “You” under this Acceptable Use Policy shall be deemed to include You on Your behalf, and on behalf of each User.
The actions described below are defined as "System Abuse" and are strictly prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy. The categories listed below are intended to serve merely as guidelines regarding appropriate and inappropriate conduct; the list is by no means exhaustive and should not be interpreted as such.
Customer will not, and will ensure that its Users do not:
- make any portion of the available to anyone other than its Users;
- sell, resell, rent, lease, or otherwise distribute any portion of the Services;
- use the Services other than in accordance with the Documentation or in a manner that with, unduly burdens, or disrupts the integrity, performance, or availability of the Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services or PlanetScale’s or its third party suppliers’ related systems or networks, or attempt to interfere with or compromise the functioning, operation, or security of any network, system, computing facility, equipment, data, or information;
- attempt to interfere with or deny service to any User or host (either of which is rightfully and lawfully using the Services) e.g., denial of service attacks);
- provide any false information, including falsify header information or User identification information;
- introduce malicious programs into the network, server or Services (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, disabling devices, etc.), or intentionally transmit files containing a computer virus or corrupted data;
- without PlanetScale’s written consent: re-sell, re-brand, re-supply, re-market, otherwise transfer or commercially exploit the Services;
- allow any activity involving the resale of PlanetScale's products or services, unless specifically documented in a separate written agreement executed with PlanetScale;
- access any portion of the Services for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service, or monitor the Services for any benchmarking or competitive purpose;
- introduce, disseminate, or otherwise enable any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, worms, malware, spam, or malicious code using the Services;
- “frame” or “mirror” any user interface included in the Services;
- copy, modify, translate, or create a derivative work of any PlanetScale IP unless permitted under license;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, or decompile any software included in the PlanetScale IP, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, except as otherwise permitted under applicable law;
- alter, remove or violate any copyright, trademark, patent, or other proprietary notice appearing in connection with the Services;
- utilize the Services to infringe the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- access or use the Services in a manner that violates the rights of any third party or which purports to subject PlanetScale to any other obligations; or
- engage in activity which is, or PlanetScale reasonably believes is or could be, or transmit unwanted or offensive, fraudulent, illegal, harmful, harassing content, in violation of a court order decree or the like, or that interferes with others' use or enjoyment of the Services or the Services in general.
PlanetScale expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to pursue any remedies that it believes are warranted which may include, but are not limited to, suspending or terminating accounts and/or Users that engage in System Abuse or who refuse to address System Abuse.
PlanetScale reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change or modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by posting changes to its Website. You are responsible for monitoring the Website for changes to this Acceptable Use Policy, and informing Users and other relative parties of the changes to this Acceptable Use Policy accordingly.
535 Mission Street, 14th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105