We are the first serverless database platform designed specifically with the developer in mind. Our products are loved by developers, builders, scalers, and creators alike. We harness the power of open source allowing unlimited scaling. No one else combines scalability and the developer experience like we do.
The database market is the most sought after in the VC space and is projected to be a $60 billion business by the end of 2022. The pace of innovation is mind-blowing. The opportunity is massive.
Created by the people who built the infrastructure at Twitter, Instagram, GitHub, and Slack. PlanetScale is a series C start-up with over $100 million in funding raised; and backed by leading VC companies like a16z, SignalFire, Insight Partners, and Kleiner Perkins.
We are just getting started!
The Marketing team at PlanetScale drives awareness and adoption of our database platform through storytelling, brand activations, demand generation, community building, and education. We are responsible for transforming how the industry thinks about using and developing alongside databases. We are changing the game and that’s no easy feat.
As a Developer Educator at PlanetScale, your mission is to teach developers of all experience levels how PlanetScale is inciting a revolution in the cloud database world. You’ll create and maintain content that shows developers how to use our product from initial onboarding through production.
What’s the job to be done:
- Create and maintain PlanetScale’s educational resources, including documentation, sample applications, trainings, workshops, blog posts, and more.
- Revitalize the MySQL world and introduce new developers to MySQL by creating educational courses and articles for our MySQL learning platform.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and support to keep PlanetScale’s documentation accurate and up-to-date.
- Help develop the direction of the PlanetScale education story.
These attributes best describe you:
- You love learning, tinkering, and building.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and have a talent for breaking technical topics into succinct and easy-to-understand pieces.
- You have a passion for writing.
- You enjoy creating sample applications, code snippets, and diagrams to better illustrate a concept.
- You have a sharp eye for detail but can also zoom out and focus on the big picture.
- You enjoy cross-team collaboration.
- You’re obsessed with improving developer experience.
- You’re comfortable taking the lead and steering projects to completion.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
What you will need:
- 2 years experience developing a production application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in written English
- Travel: 2-4 times per year for company/team off-sites
What else will help you be successful:
- Intermediate MySQL knowledge or database experience
- Links to published technical content: blog posts, docs, videos, etc.
- Experience writing or maintaining documentation (internal or external)
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!