We are the first serverless database platform designed specifically with the developer in mind. Our products are loved by developers, builders, scalers, and creators alike. We harness the power of open source allowing unlimited scaling. No one else combines scalability and the developer experience like we do.
The database market is the most sought after in the VC space and is projected to be a $60 billion business by the end of 2022. The pace of innovation is mind-blowing. The opportunity is massive.
Created by the people who built the infrastructure at Twitter, Instagram, GitHub, and Slack. PlanetScale is a series C start-up with over $100 million in funding raised; and backed by leading VC companies like a16z, SignalFire, Insight Partners, and Kleiner Perkins.
We are just getting started!
The Marketing team at PlanetScale drives awareness and adoption of our database platform through storytelling, brand activations, demand generation, community building, and education. We are responsible for transforming how the industry thinks about using and developing alongside databases. We are changing the game and that’s no easy feat.
We have been successful in the US. We are looking to hire our first Senior Marketing Manager, EMEA. Together with you, we would like to start the engine to engage with the extensive MySQL market in Europe.
What’s the job to be done?
- You will collaborate with our Sales team to build brand awareness with developers and businesses.
- You will strategize, design, and build scalable marketing plans for the EMEA region.
- You will build effective programs in partnership with our Sales team that build pipeline and ultimately generate revenue.
- This will be an individual contributor role initially with the opportunity to strengthen a team via confirmed performance and success.
These attributes best describe you
- You thrive in an environment of cross-department collaboration.
- You are systems savvy and data-driven.
- You exhibit an entrepreneurial mindset, and start-up/dive-right-in mentality.
- You have a passion to lead programs that directly impact and enable our organisation to drive higher levels of pipeline attainment.
- You want to work in a fast-moving rocketship, own and design programs, and make a significant impact on the success of the business.
- You demonstrate a keen eye for attention to detail and have a positive, go-getter attitude.
- You are a self-starting, enthusiastic individual who is willing to take innovative approaches and responsibility for outcomes.
What you will need
- 5-8 years of demonstrated ability in marketing for B2B companies.
- You have experience working with vendors, event marketers, press and agencies to extend our reach through event marketing.
- You have a deep understanding of how Marketing and Sales work together to drive revenue.
- You have extensive experience working with Sales in, or come from Sales.
- Fluent in either German or French, proficient in spoken and written English.
- You have excellent organisational skills and can multitask across teams, projects and priorities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You excel at building and fostering strong working relationships across all levels in the organisation.
- You use and interpret data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results.
- Demonstrated track record of creating successful drip campaigns within email marketing is a plus.
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working in a remote organization
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building organizations from the ground up
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!