PlanetScale is growing rapidly and reinventing the database space. We have built the database for developers unlike any others – we kept the good parts of the relational database and left behind the baggage. Because our 'touch of the button' solutions are so unique, our customers choose to entrust us with what is often their most precious digital assets, so the stakes couldn't be higher.
PlanetScale is looking for a highly organized and motivated, self-starter to join our growing Sales team as a Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR). As a Senior SDR, you will be on the front lines of building and maintaining our sales pipeline. You will drive both inbound and outbound activity as well as collaborating on cross-functional projects. This is not your typical SDR role.
What’s the job to be done?
- Exceed Quota: drive qualified opportunities into the pipeline for our Sales team
- Develop prospecting strategies to engage new user/customers including identifying high-potential businesses that would be a good fit to work with PlanetScale
- Leverage sales tools (Salesforce, Outreach, Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator) to research prospects for outreach
- Target your outreach to identified accounts that focus on personalization not mass communication
- Craft targeted messaging that is relevant and engaging to the prospect
- Update lead and prospect activity in Salesforce to ensure effective lead management
- Cultivate early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Clearly communicating PlanetScale’s value propositions to prospects, learning the needs of the prospect, and assessing if there is a good fit
These attributes best describe you…
- You develop strong sales and product knowledge with highly technical products
- You interact with key decision makers via telephone, email, and Zoom
- You are proactive and invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your role and set you up for future success
- You are a problem solver who collaborates with your colleagues to find solutions
- You have the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving startup environment
- You are able to understand and implement sales processes
- You have the ability to easily establish rapport and relationships with potential clients
- You have the ability to collaborate cross functionally with Account Executives, Marketing, the Product team, and other internal partners
- You have a drive for success, exceptional work ethic, curious by nature, and are obsessed with smashing sales goals
- You will be able to prioritize your workload and balance it with project work
- You are passionate about sales, prospecting, target strategies
- You have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- You have the ability to effectively give and receive feedback
What You Will Need
- 1-2+ years of sales development experience
- Proven self-starter with a track record of hitting and exceeding goals
- Stellar communication skills that include verbal communication, written communication, and active listening
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company, preferably a startup environment
- Proven time management skills
- Desire to work in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology with the aptitude to learn complex products
- Prior experience working with a broad range of key decision makers from developer to C-suite executives
- Proven ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize your workload
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
What Else Will Help You Be Successful
- Experience with working with an all remote team
- Experience in a Sales organization being built from the ground up
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!