PlanetScale is growing rapidly and reinventing the database space. We have built the database for developers unlike any others – we kept the good parts of the relational database and left behind the baggage. Because our 'touch of the button' solutions are so unique, our customers choose to entrust us with what is often their most precious digital assets, so the stakes couldn't be higher.
PlanetScale’s Marketing team is responsible for the creation and execution of engaging, results driven branding, marketing, sales and demand generation campaigns including large global conferences, regional sales enablement events, webinars and targeted account marketing. We also handle the website, paid and organic search, social media, blogs, collateral, promotions, public relations, and advertising.
We are currently hiring a SEO Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies that will enhance performance marketing and increase traffic and engagement.
What’s the job to be done?
- Reviewing site performance by performing Keyword Research and amending keyword usage and changes to internal link structure where appropriate
- Ensuring web pages and content published are SEO optimized
- Monitoring website traffic as well as marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Collaborating with internal teams on content development and driving SEO best practices.
- Reviewing and editing technical content created by our Developer Advocate and engineering teams.
- Identifying and managing relationships with external SEO vendors
- Producing detailed reports on SEO performance Benchmark and monitoring competitor performance and activities.
- Working closely with DemandGen to craft high performing campaigns.
These attributes best describe you....
- You geek out on staying up to date on the latest SEO trends and practices.
- You’re comfortable wearing many different hats including, web master, art director, content editor and all the other
- You want to be an active contributor to the product feedback loop and advocate for users internally.
- You are familiar with many Performance marketing and web analytics tools.
- You have a point of view and love educating others on SEO best practices.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
What you will need
- Prior experience as an SEO professional.
- Some knowledge of the developer landscape and the forums tools they use (StackOverflow, GitHub, documentation, dev.to, blogs, etc.)
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working on or managing an all-remote team
- Some knowledge of open source development and communities.
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!